Saturday, November 12, 2022

Thank you!

 I am honored at this latest news!


I am feeling so grateful that this blog in now read on 6 of the 7 continents.  Thank you all, with your encouragement I am certain my readership and following will grow.

This good news brings up a great point, ALWAYS be thankful!  Your mindset is a very important tool as you reinvent your lifestyle and relationship with food.

Not everyone will have an easy road in their growth and change but be thankful for the gains and reflect on what you can learn from the losses.

After 2019, 2020, & 2021 with the pandemic and all related problems, I was hoping for an easy 2022.  That has not been the case; I have had two additional surgeries on my back (5 in total) this year.  The one in January left me with a partially paralyzed left leg and calf muscles; The damage from this surgery was addressed in an additional surgery in August.  Although the outcome was far from perfect, I am thankful that I am walking and in far less pain than before the surgeries.

At the same time of my failed January surgery, my wife of nearly 40 years was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer of the bone marrow, she is not curable but is treatable, Patricia (my wife) is now in remission.  Although hard to be thankful in this situation, I am thankful that she is treatable, is in remission and is in positive spirits.

The point is, your attitude and how you approach/react to situations has a great impact on your health.  You can choose to be mad, miserable, and generally unhappy or you can choose to look at the circumstance and see what you can learn from them and how you can grow to become a better human.

Not everything will be perfect or even fair, but you need to take that circumstance and use it for the best you can; grow and learn from the experience and become an inspiration/aid to people.  You never know who you are impacting, make sure it is for the positive, not the negative.


 





No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIED RICED Cauliflower

 I am grain free, sugar free, low dairy, high protein, low carb, "good" fats only in my food consumption.  While that sounds reall...