Friday, November 11, 2022

For the Lovers of Baked Goods

 My wife desires and enjoys baked goods of all kinds, me not so much.

See the source image

I am married to a woman who is a wonderful baker!  I have never been a great consumer of sweet baked items and as we both age she has slowed down her consumption as well.  STILL, she desires sweet items on occasion.  I have searched for several healthier alternatives in baked good and have included two below.

Healthy Skinny Banana Cookies
Ingredients:
  • 2 bаnаnаѕ (rіре аnd mаѕhеd)
  • 1 cup Old Fаѕhіоnеd оаtѕ (do nоt cook)
  • 1/4 сuр mіnі dаrk chocolate сhірѕ
Directions:
  1. Preheat оvеn to 350°F.
  2. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking ѕрrау.
  3. Mіx thе mashed bаnаnаѕ and oats in a bowl. Fоld іn the сhосоlаtе сhірѕ.
  4. Uѕіng a spoon, ѕсоор uр thе bаttеr аnd place оn thе cookie sheet.
  5. Bаkе fоr 12-15 mіnutеѕ
This a favorite of my wife's as she can add nuts if she wants or raisins (I think dried figs or dates would be great as well, even cut up prunes)


Healthy Baked Apples
Ingredients
6 Apples, large
1/2 tsp Ginger, ground
2 tbsp Maple syrup
1 cup Oats, old fashioned
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
2 tbsp Coconut oil
1/2 cup Pecans
1/2 cup Apple cider

Hollow out apples (keep for snacking) Place in 9x13 baking dish
Mix all ingredients and fill apple shells

Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes
Spoon liquid in pan over top of apples
Serve and enjoy

There are so many options for healthy eating today that are easily substituted.  For sweetness I substitute Monk Fruit powder (I buy the 1:1 substitute for ease).  For gluten free I use GF baking mix or almond flour (my favorite)  You may need to add more leavening  agent to get the lift you want.  Substitute egg whites in for whole eggs (not a perfect substitute as it has no fat)

As with all types of cooking, experiment to get the taste/texture you are after, its great to expand your horizons and your body will be glad you did!




No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIED RICED Cauliflower

 I am grain free, sugar free, low dairy, high protein, low carb, "good" fats only in my food consumption.  While that sounds reall...