Wednesday, December 27, 2023

I Can't Afford That!

 I hear many complaints about the Keto food regimen, the #1 complaint is the cost.  To that I say if you want to succeed you will find a way, if you are lukewarm, you will find excuses.



Make a list of what you currently consume a week and estimate the costs.  Include EVERYTHING, eating out, snacks, coffees, drinks, etc... (Yes, even those things you sneak at work on in the car)

The following is a list of a typical week's worth of food I consume that is high in protein, low in carbs, high in nutritional value. (Estimate of cost in my area is included in bracket)

1 Dz large eggs                                                                            ($2.00)

7 Boneless/Skinless Chicken breasts, approx. 8 oz each            ($11.00)

1 Pkg, 6/pkg Multiseed Keto wraps                                            ($3.00)

Asst. Cruciferous Veggies                                                           ($10.00)

Asst. Leafy greens                                                                       ($5.00)

1 Sm Keto Salad Dressing                                                           ($3.00)

1# Butter                                                                                     ($3.00)

1# Shredded Cheese                                                                    ($3.00)

TOTAL                                                                                       $40.00


Yes, this is a simplified meal plan, but you can see it is very affordable.  I limit myself to 1,000 cal/day and work to get 100g of protein a day.  My carbs have an upper limit of 20g/day

So, that is the takeaway?  To achieve a goal, you need to have a plan, fortitude, and a desire to succeed.

KETO has changed my life, I have dropped nearly 200# pounds, and have never felt better in my nearly 61 years.  I encourage you to try this food regimen, you will not regret it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIED RICED Cauliflower

 I am grain free, sugar free, low dairy, high protein, low carb, "good" fats only in my food consumption.  While that sounds reall...