Sunday, September 11, 2022

It's in Essence Keto I Suppose

 I have lost 160# in 14 months.  Many have asked "My Secret".  No secret, I'll tell everyone that wants to hear, it is basically a Keto diet, but I prefer to lower the fat as well.

So the theory in keto is to get your body into and to stay in ketosis. (Burning fat for energy) However if you eat an inordinately high amount of fat, you will gain weight, not lose it.  I simplify this to a high protein diet with a small amount of fats and very ow carbs.  To be effective you need 1gram of protein per 1 pound of lean body mass.  My current weight of 225# is not my lean body mass, by calculation my lean body mass is 201#.  Based on this calculator Lean Body Mass Calculator I need to consume 200grams of protein a day.  I typically have three 4 ounce lean chicken breasts a day, that is about 75 grams and 575 calories.  I drink a high protein, low fat supplement that adds another 30 grams of protein.  Finish daily intake with some cheese and boiled eggs, that adds another 40 grams of protein.  I finish a typical day with 145 grams of protein and 950 calories, and 40 grams of fat.  It does take work and planning to keep on a regimen such as this, but I see the results and am happy with them.

This brings me to another point, all of the advice in the world will not help you in a weight loss, healthier you pattern unless you find your tipping point.  Only you can decide when the time is right and how you can go about starting this lifelong modification with your relationship to food.  
My tipping point was severe pain that could not be addressed without dropping the weight, a great dislike for my appearance, and a concern I would not be there to for my wife, children, and grandchildren.  

I urge you, find your tipping point and act.  Never in my life did I think I would feel this good at nearly 60 years old and actually enjoy and look forward to the future, But I am!  Search yourself, you will be glad you did.  God Bless all of you in your adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIED RICED Cauliflower

 I am grain free, sugar free, low dairy, high protein, low carb, "good" fats only in my food consumption.  While that sounds reall...