Thursday, October 13, 2022

2 Steps Forward, 1 Step Back

 Not everything is going to go smoothly; often in life there are setbacks.


We all have setbacks in our life journey, some are beyond our control others are self-inflicted.  We are defined by how we handle setbacks; you can decide to sit back and whine, blame someone else for the situation or address them straight on.

On my health journey I was up to walking 4 miles a day and was feeling great!  My back pain was low to nonexistent, my spirits were high, I was looking at the old me in the rearview mirror with no regrets.  That changed, slowly my left knee began to hurt (work it out was my thought) then not able to put weight on it.  Yes, I am older and have arthritis and water on the knee, proper care and rest and I am healing.

Could this have been the end of my journey had I made that choice, but I did not end it there.  We will all have frustrations and challenges that force us to make changes to our journey and adjust the goals.  JUST DON'T GIVE UP!  

When setbacks occur, look at what caused them, explore options, formulate remedies and stay positive.  Attitude is a major influence in success at anything.  As I have stated previously and feel very strong about, make a list.  Write down pros, cons, aspects you are not happy with, aspects you want to change, formulate a game plan for change.  You are the conduit for change or failure, your choice, take charge and make a move!



/


No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIED RICED Cauliflower

 I am grain free, sugar free, low dairy, high protein, low carb, "good" fats only in my food consumption.  While that sounds reall...