Sunday, April 30, 2023

It Works for Me!

 I am asked often what I eat, how I lost the weight, do I ever bet bored with the food choices, and the best one WHY do you eat like that?!


So first, let's go over what a typical meal plan is for me.
BREAKFAST can consist of:
    3 egg white omelet with ham and sliced mushrooms
    or
    1 serving of protein yogurt
    or
    3-4 ounces of grilled chicken breast
MY goal for breakfast is 15-20 grams of protein and no more than 200 calories.

LUNCH can consist of:
    3-4 ounces of grilled chicken breast 
    or
    1 serving of protein yogurt
    or
    1 slice of KETO bread with a slice of low fat/fat free ham with mustard
MY goal for lunch is 15-20 grams of protein and no more than 150 calories.

DINNER can consist of:
    Grilled KETO friendly vegetables
    3-4 ounces of grilled chicken breast
    1 slice of KETO bread toasted with butter
MY goal for dinner is 20-30 grams of protein and no more than 400 calories.

I work to keep my daily protein level in the 70-100 gram range, my total daily caloric intake less than 1000, my total carb intake less than 20 grams, and my fat intake as low as possible.

Those of you that are familiar with a KETO diet will note that I do not take in nearly the amount of fats recommended for KETOSIS, and you would be correct.  My body produces far too much LDL cholesterol, so I work very hard to keep my fats down to keep this aspect of my body under control without medication.
    
By referencing the above food intake schedule, the next question of how I lost weight is easy to understand: I lowered my caloric intake, increased my protein intake, decreased my carb intake, and decreased my fat intake.

Do I ever get bored with my food?  No, I do not.  There are dozens of vegetables available to switch out and change the flavor of your meals,  I can always switch out the chicken for lean pork, tofu, or even fish.  Beef is indeed an option, but not my favorite protein so I do not use much.  Let's not forget about spices, such a great way to experiment with flavor enhancing with very few added calories!  So, do I get bored, no.

Finally, why do I eat like this?  Simple, I have lost nearly 200#, I feel good physically, my intestinal tract feels great, and I have so much more mind clarity.

This is a win win situation for me and there is no going back now.

I encourage you to find what works for you and stay with it for the long haul.  Remember this is a new way of life not a magic pill that works in one day or even a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIED RICED Cauliflower

 I am grain free, sugar free, low dairy, high protein, low carb, "good" fats only in my food consumption.  While that sounds reall...