Sunday, April 23, 2023

YES YOU CAN!

 I belong to several groups on social media that deal with a healthy diet, specifically for me a Ketogenic style diet.  A common theme from so many of the ones that are interested in initiating a new food life style is "Its so expensive!"


To that I call B.S.!  

There is always an excuse to be found, there is always a reason to not do something, there is always a way to justify poor behavior.  Until you have reached rock bottom, behavior will not be modified.  For me to have the impetus to drop weight (and it is almost 200# now), my Neurosurgeon informed me I was too damn fat to be operated on.

I was in extreme pain due to failing discs in my back, advanced arthritis and a myriad of other problems and yet I debated on loosing the weight.  I made the decision to go the KETO route.

Regarding cost for KETO, I actually find it less expensive than my previous food routine.  There are no "magical" weight loss shakes/drinks/foods, no expensive supplements or plans to obtain; Nothing fancy, just straight forward high protein, low carb foods.  My new lifestyle consists of meat, vegetables, and any other high protein yet carb free options available.  

I am a fan of cruciferous vegetable and flash fry these in a small amount of butter.  Lean meats (specifically boneless skinless chicken breasts) are a cornerstone of my new food lifestyle.  Shop around, buy in bulk and freeze the excess; Often you will find several chicken cuts at less that $1 per pound.

The final take, there is always a way to fail and make excuses, to achieve success is not difficult, it just takes determination and a plan.  There is always a reason for your actions, make yours wanting to experience a positive change in your life and a positive influence on others.  

Be the reason someone becomes a positive (and healthier) person!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIED RICED Cauliflower

 I am grain free, sugar free, low dairy, high protein, low carb, "good" fats only in my food consumption.  While that sounds reall...